Old 17-05-2009, 06:05 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Mike Mike is offline

Default Wal mart cutting back on seeds.

I think wal mart seeds were an ok starting point for the beginning

gardener.
But that was when they had 2 revolving carousels and 2 wall panels of

seeds.
Now all they have is only one panel of seeds tucked away in a back aisle.

I wouldn't send a beginning gardener to Wal Mart. The other stores
and garden centers will have the basics. The beginning gardener
should have the best quality seeds available. Otherwise they will
become very discouraged with lack of germination and not continue.
They won't know that it is not their fault.
--
Susan N.

Yea you're definitely right on that.
I paid a visit to walmart yesterday to buy some "4th of July Hybrid" tomato
seeds and noticed the 2009 seed packet has changed from my empty 2007 pack.

What's new is that half of the labeling on the flip side is printed in
mexican, plus down below the origin of the seed lot says China!

It's easy to see how walmart has destroyed another facet of America's
cultural identity.