Old 17-05-2009, 11:57 PM posted to rec.gardens
Billy[_7_] Billy[_7_] is offline

Default 650 ml Jim Beam bottles useless

In article ,
Bill wrote:

In article
,
Billy wrote:

In article ,
enigma wrote:

Billy wrote in

t.au:

Never underestimate man's redoutable ability to screw things up
beyond all recognition, i. e. acetaldehyde.

hey Billy, any ideas about distilling 6% vinegar to around 20%? i
need to deal with some poison ivy... i know the 20% works, but i
can't find any to buy.
lee

See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fractional_distillation

Edmund was a place I used to visit for glassware etc. Want some SPG
stuff they got it. They are 30 miles from my house.

http://www.edsci.com/

So a one litter flask, variac, distilation apparatus with cut off etc
etc . May be pricey.

Bill who wonders if you can just boil off the BUT GUESS'S the product
we want goes off first

It's a pot still. You are only limited by the size of the boiling flask.
Speaking of which, it is good to have boiling chips (little glass beads
that go in the flask to insure an orderly bubbling and not one giant
bubble which would, could, be threatening). You increase the heat until
the thermometer is reading the boiling temp of what you are looking for.
I believe you would be looking for 78.2 °C.
--

- Billy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=En2TzBE0lp4