Old 18-05-2009, 07:54 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
sherwin dubren sherwin dubren is offline

Default Wal mart cutting back on seeds.

Mike wrote:

Yea you're definitely right on that.
I paid a visit to walmart yesterday to buy some "4th of July Hybrid" tomato
seeds and noticed the 2009 seed packet has changed from my empty 2007 pack.

What's new is that half of the labeling on the flip side is printed in
mexican, plus down below the origin of the seed lot says China!

It's easy to see how walmart has destroyed another facet of America's
cultural identity.

The Wal Mart in my area is selling Burpee Seeds, a recognized company
with which I have never had problems. I guess not every one of their
stores has the same stock.

Sherwin