Old 18-05-2009, 09:37 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default urg FAQs

On 2009-05-17 23:01:18 +0100, Martin said:

On Sun, 17 May 2009 14:08:47 -0700 (PDT), Judith in France
wrote:

On May 17, 5:34*pm, Martin wrote:
On Sun, 17 May 2009 09:19:38 -0700 (PDT), Judith in France

wrote:
On May 17, 8:20*am, "Ophelia" wrote:
"Judith in France" wrote in

stayed at Kay's home, with her family, such a lovely family. *Do you
know O, although I have made so many mistakes, in reality and on
usenet.

* * Aye well, let him/her who is without sin.....

I want to move forward. *I want to welcome one and all on
urg and I welcome all who can advise me on so many matters relating to
my garden and my chickens, my Lottie (my dog). *She is in my bad
books, I took her to lock up the chickens tonight; I kissed her
goodnight when she was in her bed - oh big mistake - big time - I am
washing my face; cleaning my teeth, washed my hands until they are
raw. *She is having a shampoo tomorrow. * When we go to put the
chickens back in, she is on a lead, phew!!! *Big time phew. *:-)

* * We adore my Blue too *When David, baths Blue, it is usually in the
shower, but since the weather was so nice, I bought her a paddling pool
She is half dog, half fish and will happily swim in the coldest river. *You
would not have seen a sadder speciman than my Blue, shivering and grumbling
in that paddling pool

* * Now, to gardening *(If is can be called gardening) My basket of
tomatoes is sitting in a box, atop a piece of polystyrene to allow drainage!
When it is cold or at night, it lives in the car. *The plants are looking
very perky *I shall be inspecting it for flowers today and will have my
tomato feed at the ready, as per the excellent instructions I have received
here)

* * If you are very unlucky.. I shall report back)

I've never heard of a car being used as a greenhouse:-) *Do you keep
the engine running?

and chickens in it?

Old WWII aircraft were popular as chicken coops.

We were thinking that the number one court at Wimbledon could be used
for plants
during the 49 weeks of the year it is unused.

It is used, isn't it? *The All England Club

My wife is absolutely convinced that number one court is only used for
Wimbledon. Then again she could be wrong for once.

I hope you like the taste of humble pie. *;-))

"Use of Courts??Apart from the Centre and No. 1 Courts, the courts are
used year round by Club members and LTA sponsored players. The grass
courts are in play from May to September, except Centre Court and No. 1
Court which are used only for The Championships. The courts are
occasionally used by a number of clubs and organisations for the
staging of various events and tournaments."
http://aeltc.wimbledon.org/en_GB/about/guide/club.html

You mean Judith eats humble pie? I don't argue with my wife about things
concerning tennis. :-)

It's the centre court that has the retractable cover isn't it? Saying No. 1
court was my mistake.
--

Martin

When Wimbledon is on, I am glued to the t.v. My poor husband,
although he enjoys tennis, says watching 2 matches a day is just too
much! I remind him that I don't watch much t.v. apart from that, some
men are never happy grumble... grumble...

Judith