Old 18-05-2009, 07:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
John T[_2_] John T[_2_] is offline

Default Which secuteurs?

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"Stephen Gower" wrote
My wife has lost her secateurs. All I know about them is that they were
nice, had wooden handles and the blades passed each other, rather than
being
anvil-type. I'd like to buy her a replacement pair, but as a surprise -
any
recommendations?

Generally regarded as the best are Felco (but they are best prices too).

http://www.performance-felco.co.uk/?...FRabnAodT01erw

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

I have a pair made in France for the vinyard people, they were made by
Didier (i think i pronounced it right). They are well made with leather
covered handles. These used to be sold by Axminster Power Tools (Mail Order)
but they dont currently list them. They are very good, and although i have
had them for years i recall they were a bit cheaper than Felco.

John
at the top end of Wirral