Old 18-05-2009, 07:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default urg FAQs

On May 18, 2:41*pm, K wrote:
Sacha writes

er than plastic; they are cooler in summer *and warmer in winter."

Thanks, Kay. I'd always thought plastic were better because they seem
to hold onto moisture better in summer but obviously not.

That's probably why clay are cooler in summer - faster evaporation!

And didn't somebody here (Rusty?) say that he once planted a fig in
the discarded drum of a washing machine?!

I thought that was pretty well standard ;-)

I've just planted a washing machine drum with mixed veg for my father -
more for fun than in the expectation of serious crops.

--
Kay

I like that idea; why did I give my old washing away???????

Judith