Old 19-05-2009, 11:20 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Chris J Dixon Chris J Dixon is offline

Default Is this tree likely to be a threat?

john royce wrote:

Recently a tree man knocked at the door and said he thought that almost
certainly the roots have found there way downwards through the tiles. If
this is the case I'm worried about the house foundations since the tree is
so very near the front wall.

A near neighbour of mine has apparently been the victim of a
scam. Some itinerants called, and told him that he had to let
them trim several large trees because the chap next door had
complained, which was completely untrue.

To say the result was butchery would be an understatement. They
didn't remove any material, and charged him £400 for the job.

I have to say that your tree does look a little close to the
house. Does your insurance require you to tell them about
anything over a certain size?

If you want advice, seek out a reputable professional, don't
respond to cold callers.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK