Old 19-05-2009, 04:05 PM posted to rec.gardens
enigma enigma is offline

Default Got my veggie plants

Cheryl Isaak wrote in
:

Can't say I blame you. It got to 34 here, no visible frost when
I got up on anything and I've taken the blankets off the plants.
Everything looks great.

we had frost on the roof, but the plants on the ground were all
fine.
i bought a lavender rose, own root & got a free replacement for my
Bishop's Castle that succumbed over the winter (i'm sure it's my
fault, but i mentioned it at Agway & they replaced it). i think own
root roses do better here though.
i have a wheelbarrow load of hostas looking for a new space... been
sitting for almost a week now. i thought the neighbor across the
street was going to come get them, but i guess he's not.

It's supposed to finally warm up here now. It's been very chilly
for May.

that'd be nice. my tomatoes want to go outside, along with the house
plants
lee