Old 19-05-2009, 03:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_4_] Sacha[_4_] is offline

Default Rosa Rugosa Japenese Rose

On 2009-05-19 14:39:19 +0100, "Kate Morgan" said:

I have a wonderful hedging rose in flower at the moment, the smell is
amazing. A friend asked me what it was called and I had to hide my
ignorance by diving into the border to find the label, the name on the
label says it is Rosa Rugosa Japanese Rose, the picture shows a single
rose but mine is not a single by any stretch of the imagination, the
hips will be there later, small spiky thorns are there but the flower
is different, I need educating I think. I must switch off the p.c. as
we are having a belting thunderstorm here and power cuts, better be
safe than sorry

kate

There are varieties of which one beauty is Roseraie de l'Hay. They
make an excellent Bill the Burglar repellent!
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com
Exotic plants, shrubs & perennials
South Devon