Old 19-05-2009, 03:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Rosa Rugosa Japenese Rose

--
..
"Kate Morgan" wrote in message
I have a wonderful hedging rose in flower at the moment, the smell is
amazing. A friend asked me what it was called and I had to hide my
ignorance by diving into the border to find the label, the name on the
label says it is Rosa Rugosa Japanese Rose, the picture shows a single rose
but mine is not a single by any stretch of the imagination, the hips will
be there later, small spiky thorns are there but the flower is different, I
need educating I think. I must switch off the p.c. as we are having a
belting thunderstorm here and power cuts, better be safe than sorry

kate

If you are having a belting thunderstorm and your telephone is fed overhead,
even a small part of the way, unplug your telephone. A Lightening strike
will 'approach' a telephone wire and if that wire is attached to something
connected to the Mains, then the Earth element in that 'something will act
as a lightening conductor and blow the equipment up. Cordless telephones
were, and maybe still are, very much prone to being blown up. South Wight
Borough Council's Offices were hit by a strike and completely wrecked a huge
telephone system.

Can someone please pass this message on to the idiots who have unwisely
chosen to kill file me. I would hate 'even them' to miss this important
safety announcement :-))

Mike