Old 14-04-2003, 08:20 PM
Liz & Andy

Default pear identity crisis

Dear All,

A couple of years ago I bought a couple of minarette pear trees (beth, I
think) from Ken Muir. One has flowered and borne fruit. The other has only
put out leaves. The non-fruiting one now appears to have peach leaf curl.
Am I going mad? Have I failed to notice that my pear was a peach? Can you
even get minarette peaches?? Or is there some similar disease that gives
pear leaves the blistery red segment characteristic of peach leaf curl?

Otherliz, jumpily watching out for lily beetle, hemerocallis rust and swine
fever.