Old 20-05-2009, 11:11 AM
garnerloftin garnerloftin is offline
Registered User

Default A Garden That Looks After Itself?

It seems that whilst the UK population love their gardens, 37 percent of us would like to see their gardens do a bit more for themselves so that gardeners can focus on other aspects of the garden.

I work with Husqvarna and according to a report just released by them, in less than 20 years, we could see gardens that are capable of watering and feeding themselves, lawns that can submit growth development reports and even self-pruning plants. Gardeners will have the ability to simulate different weather and soil conditions, allowing them to experiment with unusual and tropical plants that previously could only grow in greenhouse environments or within their natural habitat.

The report also revealed that city dwellers are expanding their homes and creating their own private country retreats in order to escape the daily humdrum of urban life whilst the next generation of gardeners will focus on self sufficiency.

You can check out the report and future images at http://www.husqvarna.com/uk/homeowne...-21st-century/.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!