Old 20-05-2009, 11:28 AM posted to rec.gardens
Pat Kiewicz[_2_] Pat Kiewicz[_2_] is offline

Default Garden tasks just for today.... What are yours ?

Bill said:

Got around to transplanting about 30 baby hellebores. Looked at

milky
spore and said wait for a decent rain. Got a wheelbarrow replacement
tire half the size needed. Decided to sharpen a few hand tools as it is
about 65 F. and oak pollen says get out and about. Might organize a
little bit about the small patio but I know might means perhaps future
son in low may offer to help out )

Yesterday moved the tomato plants outdoors for the first time. The
peppers and eggplants are happy for the extra elbow room.

Sad: Aunt Gertie's Gold tomato plant, with it's big 'potato leaves'
snagged on a neighboring plant and was almost entirely snapped
off below the seed-leaves. I carefully potted it in a deeper pot and
staked it upright. Now it's in intensive care, with a plastic bag to
keep the humidity up.

And I spent some time pulling out some of the thousands seedling
trees that are all over the yard. (Apparently last year was a banner
year for maple, ailanthus, and wild cherry tree seeds.)

Today I have to screen some compost and prep the tomato beds.

And I have to get my hair cut. Too much hair + hat + sweat must
be remedied.

--
Pat in Plymouth MI

"So, it was all a dream."
"No dear, this is the dream, you're still in the cell."

email valid but not regularly monitored