Old 20-05-2009, 12:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
moghouse moghouse is offline

Default blackbirds or jackdaws

On May 20, 9:36*am, "BAC" wrote:

I have two long trough like things that I carefully planted up with much
loved geranium cuttings and ivy only to find the whole lot pulled out and
chucked on the ground, grrrrr blackbird or jackdaws, we have a fair number
of both. Now I have to think of something else cheap and cheerful to fill
the troughs, One of my family suggested putting twigs in between the new
plants or plastic windmills !

If it were squirrels doing this, some people would soon be posting advice on
shooting/trapping/cooking them, but hopefully we'll be spared that in
respect of blackbirds :-)

Of course you need four and twenty for a decent pie!