Old 20-05-2009, 05:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_4_] Sacha[_4_] is offline

Default very OT but amusing

On 2009-05-20 09:50:59 +0100, June Hughes
said:

In message , Martin
writes
On Tue, 19 May 2009 22:57:22 +0100, Anne Welsh Jackson
wrote:

Gordon H wrote:
Martin writes
June Hughes wrote:

On the Today Programme on R4 this morning, the announcer was
introducing David Cameron before an interview about MP's expenses
claims and introduced him as David Cameraman

Yes!

His evasive answers to the question of how much money he had made
from his taxpayer subsidised mortgage made me laugh too.
The shows not over until the fat lady sings, unless she becomes temporary
speaker.

I was indignant at his suggestion that an immediate general election was
the solution to the expenses scandal. But he would say that, wouldn't he?

I want to see a list of the MPs who _haven't_ been fiddling their expenses...
and an end to government policy being dictated by the media in general,
and the fourth estate in particular.

The D. Telegraph had such a list yesterday. I think there were around half a
dozen in it.

I was under the impression that most politicians had not claimed
anything they shouldn't.

No, they've just made 'mistakes' in claiming for e.g. mortgages
already paid off. If this hadn't blown up, I wonder when they'd have
realised their 'mistake'?

The biggest mistake is "flipping" houses and confusing the main home with the
secondary home, to avoid paying council tax and capital gains tax. IMO that is
fraud and should be prosecuted.

I agree and I suspect most of the general public do, too. Claiming
that your main home is a bedroom in your sister's house while your
husband and children live elsewhere, is dishonest, too. It's not just a
question of the law and how it can be bent to their wishes, it is a
question of honour. These people *make* the laws they expect us to
obey while they twist and turn to take advantage of our money. I think
the 4th June elections are going to give a few people a massive shock.
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com
Exotic plants, shrubs & perennials
South Devon