Old 14-04-2003, 08:44 PM
Unique Too

Default rose craters?

Yes, that's exactly what I meant...I ran the solid hose from the spigot to
the long rosebed, and couple it onto the end that I leave just barely
peeking out the side of the bed. When I want to use it for regular hose
duties, I can unplug it and screw the sprayer on it. I do have a spare hose,
though, that I can just screw onto one of the five-way spouts, if I want to
just leave it on there full time.

I didn't get out there with weekend as planned. Just didn't have the energy to
face the traffic to HD or the marts for the hose ends. I have the hoses and
soakers, but I'll have to cut them and put on ends. Hopefully this week I'll
get off early one day and stop. Funny how my car just heads for home when I'm
off work. For some reason it doesn't want to stop anywhere.

I don't like to leave the hose laying across the yard all the time, because
it is prone to get nicked by the lawn mower, and it kills the grass
underneath, as well as being an obvious sign of water consumption. So I
usually roll it back up on the wheel.

That was part of my plan, keep the hose off the lawn. Right! I finally took
the reel down, it wasn't used for months. If you let the grass grow a little
tall it hides the hose very well. g