Old 24-02-2003, 02:03 PM
Frogleg

Default Peppers with mild heat

On 19 Feb 2003 06:55:29 -0800, (IC_Gardener)
wrote:

Can anyone suggest a mildly hot pepper they like to grow? I grow at
least four kinds of sweet bell peppers every year, but I would like to
grow something with a little heat. Something milder than a Jalepeno
would be best. Is there a bell pepper variety with some heat? This
would be for fresh use, not for drying.

New Mexico or Anahiem chiles (different names for virtually the same
plant) can be quite mild. Of course, hotness varies with climate
conditions, soil, and heaven-know-what. These are the types that are
in the little cans of "diced chile peppers, mild" in the grocery
store.