Old 14-04-2003, 09:08 PM
Lee Brouillet

Default Barley Cubes/balls

Could be . . . I "stupidly" followed the directions and just used the mesh
that came with the little bale. I coulda stuck it in a cheesecloth bag, or
perhaps one of those fine mesh bags used for machine washing "fine
lingerie". I've been waging outright war on particulate matter, so - if I
decide to try again - I'll go with the liquid.

Lee

"BenignVanilla" m wrote in
message ...
"Lee Brouillet" wrote in message
I was gung-ho to use the stuff because of the SA problems we get around

here
(FL) due to the heat/sun/water temps. In our area, the barley

disintegrates
in a very short period of time, like 4 weeks. Then I had all the
particulate matter to deal with. And worse, I didn't see any decrease in

the
SA. In your area, it may be different. One thing you may wish to look

into,
instead is the liquid barley straw extract . . . I've been thinking

about
that one, myself!

Not sure if this helps, but when we brew beer we use a sock...a cotton or
cheesecloth material bag...and dump the grains in there. Then the sock is
steeped in the wort. I wonder if this would work for you with the Barley

in
the pond? You can get the "socks" from any brew supply shop, and I imagine
in most cooking shops.

BV.