Old 21-05-2009, 04:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Broadback[_2_] Broadback[_2_] is offline

Default Leek Question

Kathy wrote:
I have 2 trays of leek seedlings - Jolant and Musselburgh. They are about 4
inches high and very thin. The roots are now coming through the bottoms of
the trays. Given their size is it safe to plant them out yet? If not,
should they be potted on or just left to grow a bit more.
TIA

There should be no problem. I successfully plant mine about then. As the
roots are trimmed before doing so coming through the bottoms should not
be a problem. It always fascinated me how just dibbing a hole, trimming
the roots, dropping them in the hole, filling the hole with water they
take and race away. I wish other plants were as easy to plant out!

--
Please reply to group,emails to designated
address are never read.