Old 21-05-2009, 10:48 PM
Bigal Bigal is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnerloftin View Post
Completely agree that part of the satisfaction of gardening is doing it yourself and being pleased with what you produce and create. I don’t think the report is insinuating that gardeners will be left out of the equation in the future, just that as technologies change, so will the way we garden.

For example, an experimental technology like Botanicalls, a means of enabling plant-human communications through sensors and messaging technology, will enable gardeners to measure more precisely the nutrients and water to be delivered to the right part of their garden.

At any rate, let’s see what the next twenty years will bring…
I reckon that the 37 peercent hate gardening anyway. If you are unlucky and have one living next door to you you will have to cope with their weed seeds, but you could be lucky and they might have paved it over.
Bigal