Old 22-05-2009, 01:32 AM posted to rec.gardens
David E. Ross David E. Ross is offline

Default Garden tasks just for today.... What are yours ?

On 5/19/2009 9:36 AM, Bill wrote:
Got around to transplanting about 30 baby hellebores. Looked at milky
spore and said wait for a decent rain. Got a wheelbarrow replacement
tire half the size needed. Decided to sharpen a few hand tools as it is
about 65 F. and oak pollen says get out and about. Might organize a
little bit about the small patio but I know might means perhaps future
son in low may offer to help out )

Bill meanwhile house dad tasks remind me of the sirens from Odysseys
way back home travails.

Yesterday, I did one of the most exciting things I've ever done in my
garden. And it wasn't even a gardening task.

I was grooming (deadheading) my roses and some other flowers when I
heard a shriek high above. I looked up and saw two eagles circling.
I've seen this before but was never able to get a photo. This time, I
was able to run into the house, grab my camera, and dash outside again
while they were still circling. The photos are at the 20 May entry in
my garden diary (see my signature below).

No, I don't live in the mountains or a rural area. I live in a suburban
community of tract homes, condos, and apartments. One mile west is the
city of Thousand Oaks (population approximately 130,000). About five
miles east is the city of Los Angeles (population more than 3,000,000).
But between my home and Los Angeles is a spur of the Santa Monica
Mountains National Recreation Area with a significant nesting area for
golden eagles.

--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean