Old 22-05-2009, 02:04 AM posted to rec.gardens
[email protected] bungadora@aol.com is offline

Default Garden tasks just for today.... What are yours ?

I've been moving stuff over to the new house, one bit at a time. I've
moved all of the clematis now, and have started moving the lilies. I'm
going to work my way down and then do bulbs.

First thing I discovered is that the pavers didn't have a base under
them, so I pulled all of them up, figured out I didn't want to do this
after the plants were in and started digging so I can put gravel
underneath. That's my goal this weekend - finishing digging out the
bed. It's very thick, gummy clay. My clogs usually have an inch of
clay mud stuck on the bottom afterwards.

I'll be doing a lasagna bed on one large triangular piece of the back
yard. Not enough boxes unpacked yet though.

Meanwhile the woman who is moving in to my present house keeps asking
me if I have my plants out of the garden yet. She has this big garden
order coming in and seems to be of the opinion that I should keep my
plants in containers for a month so she doesn't have to.

Ah well. It will be done when it is done. Three more weeks.
Dora