Old 21-05-2009, 10:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike Derby[_2_] Mike Derby[_2_] is offline

Default Habenaria radiata, White Egret Orchid

Yes I have, without success. Late summer last year I planted four bulbs in
a quite large pot using a recommended compost mix. The pot has been in
my conservatory since planting the bulbs. Early April this year the bulbs
produced a stem, each with two leaves. Now all the plants have rotted
off at soil level. I have also taken great care following watering
instructions.
I know of gardeners who have had success with H. radiata, bringing them
to flowering stage. Unfortunately I have not been one of them.

MD
---
"Dave Hill" asked:
I am reposting this , but I have to assume that noone has tried it.
Has anyone ever tried growing these, Habenaria radiata were free from
T & M with an order.

David Hill