Old 14-04-2003, 09:08 PM
Mike

Default What To Do With Dirty Weeds

In article , ned
writes
swroot wrote:
Pinot Grigio wrote:

What do you do with what I call dirty weeds. You know the type
that if they go on the compost heap, they just wait to multiply
and spread elsewhere when the compost goes back on the garden.
I have usually put a small bag of such weeds in with the weekly
rubbish collection but probably won't be able to do that soon with
a change in rubbish collections. I also read that buried weeds
don't break down when buried in landfill sites.

Every council 'tip' that I have 'done business with' has a green
garden waste skip. If your normal refuse collection won't take it -
and ours won't, there is nothing to prevent you taking it to the
'tip'. Our 'local' tip is nine miles away and I'm happy to make that
journey. 'Did it twice last Thursday.

--

The tip on the Isle of Wight is nothing less than superb. A couple of
years ago the marshalling area was rebuilt. Reverse your car to any one

Anyone visiting the Island this year, come and visit our re cycling
area!!!!!

Mike

Forthcoming reunions. Royal Navy Social Weekend Sussex May 2nd - 5th.
H.M.S.Collingwood Association Chatham May 30th - June 2nd
British Pacific Fleet Hayling Island Sept 5th - 8th
Castle Class Corvettes Assn. Isle of Wight. Oct 3rd - 6th. Plus many more