Old 21-05-2009, 11:46 PM posted to uk.legal,uk.politics.misc,uk.rec.gardening
Martin[_4_] Martin[_4_] is offline

Default Doctors Warn: Avoid GM Food.

Bert Hyman wrote:
In David wrote:

The gene inserted into GM soy transfers into the DNA of bacteria
living inside our intestines and continues to function.[26]

No, it doesn't. From the cited article:

http://www.nature.com/nbt/journal/v2...bs/nbt934.html (abstract)
http://www.agbios.com/docroot/articles/06-272-005.pdf (full article)

"Assessing the survival of transgenic plant DNA in the human
gastrointestinal tract"

" ... As this low level of epsps in the intestinal microflora did not
increase after consumption of the meal containing GM soya, we conclude that
gene transfer did not occur during the feeding experiment."

Don't confuse Dave by quoting actual science.