Old 14-04-2003, 09:08 PM
David

Default Cutting Leylandi

In article , Charlie
writes
What will happen if I "trim" my leylandi? They're mature, about 15ft I'd
guess. We'd like them to wall height, about 7ft so that's cutting off a
little more than 50%. Will they die? We really don't want them to do
that - we live next door to a pub! What's the best way of going about it?
Ladder and saw?

Charlie.

A few years back I did almost exactly the same to my neighbours
Leylandii, I tried using a bow saw but couldn't get it going, ended up
using a panel saw, the trees carried on growing as if nothing had
happened and were trimmed regularly afterwards. A bit of grunting and
groaning coupled with a mornings hard work and the job was done.
--
David