Old 22-05-2009, 01:58 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Horse tail advice

"Anne Welsh Jackson" wrote in message
michael wrote:

I am beginning to think that it is pointless giving sensible advice on
this group.I gave some quite sensible advice a few postings ago,and
the majority of the replies were quite frivolous and pointless.If
anyone suffers horsetail infestation,then they need serious advice to
get it eradicated.
Michael

Has it ever occurred to you that perhaps you take yourself too seriously?

Lots of good advice is posted here, and is not always acknowledged,
but that doesn't mean that it's unheeded - and yes, we sometimes
become a bit "frivolous and pointless" into the bargain. That's what
happens in newsgroups. If you stick around for long enough you
might even feel inclined to join in the frivolity. Hey, it's the
weekend,
time to have fun in the garden!!

I was probably one of the frivolous ones as I advised moving house if you
horsetail.
My aunt nearly moved house to get away from ground elder. Fortunately she
found a gardener who was able to get rid of it for ever. Yes, he really
did. Pure effort, digging every bed up and removing every piece by hand.
No weedkiller used.
I got rid of my ground elder the same way.
If I had horsetail I am not sure what I would do.
Except consider moving, as I said.

Tina

Tina