Old 22-05-2009, 08:05 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Costs of tree surgery

--
..
"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"NoSpam" wrote in message
I've just had a quote of £260-350 for a crown lift, 10% thin and slight
reduction of a mature walnut tree - is this reasonable?

Sounds a bit high, get some other quotes.

Tina

What had they seen to make them feel that the quote could be met?????

My daughter and son in law wanted a tree down when they were landscaping
their gardens. A chap had been to us and done some work and at a fair price,
"Let's have his number" SIL requested. Chap duly rung and yes I will be
over. I regret that he turned up just as the cars were being cleaned and all
lined up in the drive in front of the house. These included a Jag and a
Rolls Royce + others.

"£1000 to fell that tree" He didn't even have to take anything as they have
a log burning stove in what they call "The Barn" which is their entertaining
building.

They got it done for £150.00

One does not become Multi Millionaire by being ripped off by people

Mike