Old 22-05-2009, 01:26 PM
Swiss Toni Swiss Toni is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiss Toni View Post
Hello, I have a Clematis Lasurstern and up until two weeks ago it had rougly 5-10 buds on it. I bought the plant last year as was looking forward to it flowering.

However 90% of the buds have been munched, Upon closer inspection i have noticed tiny white maggots in the buds, does anyone know what insect this could be and suggestions on how to get rid of them? I do not use pesticides but on the other hand i do not want to spend £8 on lunch for bugs !

None of my other Clematis have this problem

Many thanks

Swiss

Thanks for your help guys, i think i will post this on another forum where people are not so "clicky".