Old 22-05-2009, 08:49 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens
Frank Frank is offline

Default Roundup questions

On May 22, 1:06*pm, "SteveB" wrote:
My garden is weedy. *I'm tilling it and preparing it to plant. *Yeah, yeah,
yeah, I waited a long time, I know.

I have what seems to be Bermuda grass or a variant. *Stuff that has a
spreading root system. *Hundreds of other garden variety weeds. *I till and
till, and rake out the weeds and roots, but I know I won't get them all.

I use Roundup on my 2+ acre spread. *I have heard that it only kills what it
comes in contact with, and doesn't work once it hits the soil. *I'd like to
know if it is safe to use in the garden on the weedy areas, or will it stay
in there after I plant. *Other suggestions for weed control that is plant
friendly would be appreciated.

Steve

Anything other than a Monsanto chem. 4 x 8
sheets of plywood laid over the plot to smother
the weeds would be effective -- and lay out perfect
garden beds at the same time.