Old 14-04-2003, 09:56 PM
SugarChile

Default daylillies from root

They need only moderate water once they are established; you should water
deeply once a week at first if you don't get rain. They would benefit from
a few inches of mulch, such as bark mulch, for the first few years, after
that they will grow thickly enough to crowd out any weeds. They will
probably grow foliage alright in shade, but they won't bloom very
prolifically. Of course, there's shade and then there's shade--if you are
talking "high" shade (from tall trees) in the deep south, it should be
acceptable. "Deep" shade, from pines or a brick wall in the northern
latitudes would hamper them.

Cheers,
Sue

Zone 6, Southcentral PA

"Jessica" wrote in message
I recently was given a bunch of daylilly roots. I am wondering how much
water should they be given after I put them in the ground and will they do
alright in shade? Thanks!