Old 23-05-2009, 09:57 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens
George.com George.com is offline

Default Roundup questions

"SteveB" wrote in message
My garden is weedy. I'm tilling it and preparing it to plant. Yeah,
yeah, yeah, I waited a long time, I know.

I have what seems to be Bermuda grass or a variant. Stuff that has a
spreading root system. Hundreds of other garden variety weeds. I till
and till, and rake out the weeds and roots, but I know I won't get them
all.

I use Roundup on my 2+ acre spread. I have heard that it only kills what
it comes in contact with, and doesn't work once it hits the soil. I'd
like to know if it is safe to use in the garden on the weedy areas, or
will it stay in there after I plant. Other suggestions for weed control
that is plant friendly would be appreciated.

Steve

Steve

We have a weedspray on our domestic market made from pine oil which
dehydrates weeds that is certified organic. Not sure if any use to you or if
available in your part of town. Worth a squiz though he. This stuff is not
systemic so will require reapplication but might knock down grasses to the
point where they give up and die. Will not poison your soil I believe.

rob

http://www.eproducts.co.nz/index.cfm...tor/index.html

http://www.nutraingredients.com/Cons...-control-weeds