Old 23-05-2009, 04:17 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens
zxcvbob zxcvbob is offline

Default Roundup questions

brooklyn1 wrote:

I don't believe SteveB has a 2 acre garden, in fact I don't believe he has
any size garden or has ever had any garden, and probably once he wakes up
from his beer fogged trailer trash dream and realizes what gardening is
about he will never have a garden... no one who has a 2 acre garden (that's
a farm, folks) would ever ask such questions about killing grass and weeds
with Roundup defolient... a person could feed a family of four with veggies
from the market for two years for the price of enough Roundup to treat 2
acres. A person can easily feed a family of four (and two other families of
four) veggies all year from a 1/16 acre garden and not pay a cent for any
chemicals whatsoever... Steve couldn't afford to treat a 2 acre garden with
H2O. When I read of people with their claims of 4 1/2 acre and 2 acre
gardens (none have ever posted a photo) I seriously wonder if folks here
have any concept of what's an acre of garden.

He never said he had a 2 acre garden. He said he has 2+ acres and uses
Roundup, and he's getting ready to put in a garden.

I had a 1/4 acre garden when I lived in Texas. (and I used RoundUp to
spot treat the Bermudagrass that kept sneaking in.) It was a huge
garden (IMHO) and was pretty much unmanageable until I discovered drip
irrigation.

Bob