Old 14-04-2003, 09:56 PM
Mike

Default Annual Rainfall

In article , Sarah
Dale writes

You'd still need to allow for 3 - 6 months capcity though - because you
are unlikely to be watering between (say) Nov - Feb. - assuming you can
get enough capacity to store that much water withgout problems.

I don't think we will have any problem with capacity as we will be able
to either put the club house on top or in front of the tank/capacity
whatever it is.

Have you thought about "grey" water recycling (output of sinks, showers
etc., goes to flush the toilets and wash the car, water the garden) as
well? That could significantly reduce the amount you put down the drains.

No I hadn't thought of that, thanks. There will be changing rooms
under/within the Grandstand and a fairly substantial Cafe/kitchen set up
in the main club, along with a bar and of course public toilets. :-))
Thanks for that idea.

The rainwater could also be used for showers,

I had 'sort of' thought of that but not given it too much thought. I
think I had better give it a bit more now :-))

but it would need to be
trated to be 'potable' if you wanted to use it for drinking etc.

No won't go down that line :-)

Sarah

Another load of ideas :-))

Thanks.

Mike

Forthcoming reunions. Royal Navy Social Weekend Sussex May 2nd - 5th.
H.M.S.Collingwood Association Chatham May 30th - June 2nd
British Pacific Fleet Hayling Island Sept 5th - 8th
Castle Class Corvettes Assn. Isle of Wight. Oct 3rd - 6th. Plus many more