Old 23-05-2009, 11:43 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens
Suzanne D.[_2_] Suzanne D.[_2_] is offline

Default Roundup questions

"brooklyn1" wrote in message

"Suzanne D." wrote:

Drip irrigation is the best invention, EVER. Because of it, I get to
plant my entire front yard in corn, tomatoes, and cucumbers, and only
have to work about ten minutes a day on it.

Ten minutes a day... you must hold the record for the smallest garden.

Not at all. My entire front yard is about 60 feet long. (I've got 120
hills of corn, and about 100 cucumber plants along the front fence.) My
back yard has eighteen 3X6 foot raised beds, plus a six-foot round 3-tiered
herb garden, and a bean house that is about 10 feet on each of four sides.
And I have about 20 fruit and nut trees, plus odd vegetables stuck randomly
throughout the yard, such as on trellises and along the decks. (I like
edible landscaping!) Watering the majority of the garden takes as long as
necessary to turn a couple of spigots, plus hand-watering three or four of
the beds every day. Of course, the initial laying-down of the drip lines
took a long time, but now that everything is in place, it just takes a few
minutes to make sure everything gets watered.
--S.