Old 24-05-2009, 12:36 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house,rec.autos.tech
HLS HLS is offline

Default Hard starting Briggs & Stratton 3.0 hp lawnmower engine

"muzician21" wrote in message
Thanks for all input.

Look, I didnt study this as well as I should have.
BS engines with solid state ignition normally start pretty well.

I suspect you might be having fuel delivery problems. I have rebuilt the
"carburetors"
on some BS implements we have here several times.

In these cases, I have to take the fuel tank off, wash it well with water,
and then
carefully dry it. Then, I remove the carburetor, clean it, and put it back
together
with a new diaphragm. This is important. Just a carburetor job is not
enough.

Ignition may have to be followed up as well.

Let us know how you are proceeding. I have had only one BS engine really
disappoint me, and that was because the casting was make of parmesan cheese.