Old 24-05-2009, 02:48 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Dave Dave is offline

Default Bush/Tree removal

I'd kill the bushes with herbicide first. Then buy or rent a motorized

pole
trimmer. You can reach right through branches and cut them off at the
ground. I've got a trimmer attachment for my Ryobi weed wacker and it's
great limbing dense trees and cutting down nasty bushes like multiflora
roses.

Pole trimmer? Never heard of such a thing, but did a google. Found
something that looks like a weed wacker with a small chainsaw at the
business end. PERFECT. But the one I found is electric. I'd have to buy
like 15 humongous extension cords, the nearest electrical outlet is about
300' away?

But then you mentioned a trimmer attachment for your weed wacker. Hmmmmm...
we have a fairly new Craftsman two-cycle (32cc?) weed wacker that is pretty
powerful for a weed wacker. Even with just string on it, if you slip while
using it, it will dig a deep hole in the ground. I've also damaged some
wood trim with it (ooops).

I think you've given me two good ideas. I'm going to look for a gasoline
powered pole trimmer first. If I can't find that, I'm going to see if I can
get something for my weed wacker that might work. I'm sure it would have
enough power, if I could find the right attachment.

Thanks, -Dave