Old 23-05-2009, 11:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_4_] Sacha[_4_] is offline

Default Tomoto plants

On 2009-05-23 22:25:01 +0100, Judith in France

On 2009-05-23 17:17:41 +0100, Judith in France
said:

On May 23, 1:23*am, Jiri B x wrote:
On Fri, 22 May 2009 13:55:53 -0700 (PDT), Judith in France

wrote:
LOL *For tonight's supper I used up stuff in the fridge, I made bal

ls
out of sausage meat, friend them in olive oil, set them aside. *The

n I
went into my garden and picked Oregano, Sage, Thyme, Bay, a hint of
mint, chives, anise, an onion from last year, garlic. *I made a sau

ce
with red wine, my fresh herbs, dried tomato, reduced the lot down and
added the balls for 1 hour. *BUTTTTTTTTTT, I forgot, I didn't have

any
pasta, I didn't have anything in the garden to make do, so it was off
to the scullery shelves for????? *Stop laughing, I used cous cous.

*
It
was delicious But............ I didn't have any Parmesan either. *N

ote
to self, grow cheese, grow pasta :-)

Judith

Not laughing at all.
Nifty bit of improvising on the cereal stage! Sounds delicious. Well
done.
Jiri

Jiri B - "compost mentis" in North Staffs.

Thanks; now anyone know how to grow pasta?? and Parmesan cheese?

Judith

As to the pasta, ask one of the Dimblebys. *It's a family recipe.
Sachawww.hillhousenursery.com
Exotic plants, shrubs & perennials
South Devon

Oh???? I have some of Jocelyn's books, is March the correct time to
sow pasta seeds and is May the time for Parmesan seeds? :-)

Judith

Now you're cooking with gas!! ;-))