Old 24-05-2009, 06:02 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
sherwin dubren sherwin dubren is offline

Default Heirloom Apples

Billy wrote:
In article
. easynews.com,
Steve wrote:

On Sat, 23 May 2009 12:58:18 -0500, sherwin dubren
wrote:

I can recommend a book to you and anyone else interested in a balanced
view of the use of pesticides in today's world. It is written by
Joe schwarcz, Phd, who is the director of the McGill University's
office for Science and Society. He has written many books on health
and this one is called 'An Apple a Day'. I found the entire book to
be of great interest, but you should look specifically at the
chapter on pesticides.

I don't mind you jumping in. I don't think that any of the Order of
Organics will even look at his book. He has been dammed by
association. Well, I bought his book yesterday after reading a
library copy. I have seen too much of the organic fanaticism,
so his book was a breath of fresh air. You people walk around
with blinders, refusing to consider other sides of this issue.

You blast Monsanto for destroying the planet, yet how many people
do you think would go hungry or starve, if not for the chemicals
they have developed. When organics can demonstrate that they can
feed the world without chemicals, I would among the first to sign on.
When I can find an organic spray that will protect my fruit, I will
also be among the first to switch over. Ain't no such things.

I could even have more interest in organics if there weren't so much
hyperbole and exageration coming from your side. I don't believe
half of what is claimed to be contamination by chemicals of our
food supply. By contamination, I mean something that will really
make you sick. Avoiding these food sources does more damage to
the public who are scared silly by these way exagerated claims.

Note: Billygoat need not answer. He does not have the intelligence
to carry on a civil discussion.

Sherwin