Old 24-05-2009, 12:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Poppies outside barn

In message , Martin
writes
On Sun, 24 May 2009 03:58:10 -0700 (PDT), Judith in France
wrote:

This is Lottie very hot and bothered outside the rear garden; please
note, poppies; I have several sorts, again, which sort are these
particular ones as my neighbour keeps on asking questions I can't
answer? Note the shrubbery was all grown from kernels and cuttings,
taken by me; including the now full size Silver Birch,(plural) not
bad for someone who knows little about gardening, if I do say so
myself.

http://i43.tinypic.com/dotdkx.jpg

Papaver Orientale

I would have been a little less precise (Papaver orientale agg.) as
several species are involved in the breeding of the oriental poppies of
gardens, but perhaps she wanted the cultivar name.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley