Old 14-04-2003, 10:20 PM
The Devil's Advocate

Default An odd question

Sounds like the material they put in for water retention possibly?

"Cardinal Chunder" wrote in message
: I planted out some hanging baskets a couple of days ago, just in time
: for the temperature to drop to near zero and the heavens to open and
: rain constantly for over a day.
:
: When I went out to look at the baskets today the surface of the soil was
: covered in little lumps of jelly (like little cubes of gelatin). Does
: anyone know what that is about?
:
: I'm guessing something out of the soil caused it (since it also happened
: on a patch ground I used the same compost on), but I have no idea what
: it is. There was no way it was snails, frogs etc. since the baskets are
: hanging up on chains.
:
: Any ideas?
: