Old 24-05-2009, 05:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
moghouse moghouse is offline

Default Indoor Musa basjoo... Haaalp!

On May 24, 4:10*pm, "Les Hemmings" wrote:
Hi folks...

Have a cutting (now a couple of years old) from the Musa basjoo in the
garden growing indoors on a sunny windowsill.

It is playing host to a pest I've not come across before. It makes the
leaves brown / yellow at the edges and droop, eventually to die.

If you look closely there is a very fine web a little like spider's web
under the leaves, especially in the ribs, and around new shoots that is
inhabited with very, very small white crawly things.

Have tried daily misting with water to no avail...

Any ideas chaps?

Oh dear, Les, I think your plant's got religion!