Old 25-05-2009, 01:10 AM posted to rec.gardens
Zootal[_4_] Zootal[_4_] is offline

Default Peach tree woes

"brooklyn1" wrote in message

"Zootal" wrote in message
Please look at these pics. This is a peach tree I planted 3 years ago.
Last year it had a touch of what appeared to be leaf curl, and the damage
was minimal. This year, the tree appears to be all but dead:

http://zootal.no-ip.info/stuff/2009/...s/DSCF5405.JPG

Poor thing looks very neglected/abused, it's never been pruned... but for
sure someone hit it with a dose of defoliant of some sort, maybe a good
blast of over spray. Even if it lives it'll never give a decent crop.
Why do foks plant in such unprotected places, on land that makes a junk
yard appear aesthetic, and then expect their plants to thrive let alone
live... it's very likley been planted in contamintaed soil, I bet Super
Fund land. That property looks absolutely disgusting.. it's best that poor
tree dies a quick death. Do NOT plant anything else there, except you!

Did I mention that my property used to be a storage site for radioactive
waste? I put this tree right over a green glowing spot. I figured the extra
light would be good for it...