Old 25-05-2009, 01:38 AM posted to rec.gardens
Billy[_7_] Billy[_7_] is offline

Default Peach tree woes

In article ,
"brooklyn1" wrote:

"Zootal" wrote in message
Please look at these pics. This is a peach tree I planted 3 years ago.
Last year it had a touch of what appeared to be leaf curl, and the damage
was minimal. This year, the tree appears to be all but dead:

http://zootal.no-ip.info/stuff/2009/...mages/DSCF5405
.JPG

Poor thing looks very neglected/abused, it's never been pruned... but for
sure someone hit it with a dose of defoliant of some sort, maybe a good
blast of over spray. Even if it lives it'll never give a decent crop. Why
do foks plant in such unprotected places, on land that makes a junk yard
appear aesthetic, and then expect their plants to thrive let alone live...
it's very likley been planted in contamintaed soil, I bet Super Fund land.
That property looks absolutely disgusting.. it's best that poor tree dies a
quick death. Do NOT plant anything else there, except you!

Sorry about that, apparently Shelly got off his leash. He hasn't been
well, you know. He's probably off to chew on a chair leg now.

I'm sure that what our sick little boy was trying to say is, "It looks
bad. Isn't there a nursery (Crescent City isn't it?) near you to help
with the diagnosis? How warm has it gotten there? What is the soil like
(wet, dry?). The tree next to it seems to be doing OK, what kind is it?
Have you given the tree a good side dose of aged manure? (Work in with a
rake.)
--

- Billy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=En2TzBE0lp4