Old 24-05-2009, 11:25 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens
Suzanne D.[_2_] Suzanne D.[_2_] is offline

Default Roundup questions

"Dioclese" NONE wrote in message
Again, the original subject was Bermuda grass. Not your generic "weed".
If you don't get the vast majority of the roots out of the soil, you might
as well thrown handfuls of Bermuda grass seed.

On a similar subject, does anyone know how to make Bermuda grass GROW?
We've tried planting it in our front and back yards several times now
(having given up hope with less-aggressive grasses), and we STILL can't get
it to grow. We water it, and it grows okay, and then the sun shines and
kills it all, until there's nothing left but bare ground (not even tufts of
dead grass). People here are talking about how it is impossible to get
Bermuda grass to stop growing, but I wonder how much of a start it needs to
get to the point where it is impervious to everything!
--S.