Old 24-05-2009, 10:53 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house,rec.autos.tech

Default Hard starting Briggs & Stratton 3.0 hp lawnmower engine

On the early Briggs, that means pulling the head, and then
using special equipment to get the spring ends back on.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in
message ...

I've worked on a lot of standby generators with small
engines and one of the problems with older engines
that have accumulated a lot of hours is valve seat wear.
The valve recedes into the head decreasing clearance
at the end of the valve stem. You can actually heat up
such an engine with a propane torch and the expansion
of the metal parts will allow it to start easily. If you
can adjust the valve clearance, I do believe your engine
will start easily again.

TDD