Old 25-05-2009, 02:50 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Tynk[_2_] Tynk[_2_] is offline

Default Bush/Tree removal

On May 23, 8:48*pm, "Dave" wrote:
I'd kill the bushes with herbicide first. Then buy or rent a motorized

pole
trimmer. You can reach right through branches and cut them off at the
ground. I've got a trimmer attachment for my Ryobi weed wacker and it's
great limbing dense trees and cutting down nasty bushes like multiflora
roses.

Pole trimmer? *Never heard of such a thing, but did a google. *Found
something that looks like a weed wacker with a small chainsaw at the
business end. *PERFECT. *But the one I found is electric. *I'd have to buy
like 15 humongous extension cords, the nearest electrical outlet is about
300' away?

But then you mentioned a trimmer attachment for your weed wacker. *Hmmmmm...
we have a fairly new Craftsman two-cycle (32cc?) weed wacker that is pretty
powerful for a weed wacker. *Even with just string on it, if you slip while
using it, it will dig a deep hole in the ground. *I've also damaged some
wood trim with it (ooops).

I think you've given me two good ideas. *I'm going to look for a gasoline
powered pole trimmer first. *If I can't find that, I'm going to see if I can
get something for my weed wacker that might work. *I'm sure it would have
enough power, if I could find the right attachment.

Thanks, -Dave

Buy a straight shaft weedwacker and use a saw blade. YOu can cut up
to4" dia with them without a problem. Go with a stihl; or husky
straight shaft. Do not try it with an bent or angle shaft trimmer as
it will not hold up to the saw blade and will self destruct in no time
as it has a felxible shaft and not a solid driveshaft as the straight
shaft have.