Old 25-05-2009, 10:34 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default fire pits on your patio and newspaper paper compressors

On Mon, 25 May 2009 00:54:29 +0100, Christina Websell wrote:

I use it occasionally but it depends if you like ripping up newspapers
and soaking them in buckets of water for two days

The eco club at one of the kids schools is making them to sell. Production
is slow. No.1 Daughter comes home with four soggy lumps and we put them on
a rack above the boiler, they take a good 2 weeks to dry out... They use
the schools waste paper that has been through the shredder, no need for
tearing or newspaper.

I like the greehouse idea for initial drying and in the summer they will
probably get pretty dry but once the winter comes I'm not so sure. I'll
pass the tip on about a little bit of washing up liquid in the mash.

--
Cheers
Dave.