Old 25-05-2009, 10:01 PM posted to rec.gardens
Zootal[_4_] Zootal[_4_] is offline

Default Peach tree woes

Seeing other trees next to this one, it is unlikely bad soil. That
thing who posted the property is disgusting is ridiculous. They are
finding now in peach orchards that by allowing certain grasses and
other forbs to grow between the trees has served to protect the
trees, and many are now using living mulches.

Actually, the overgrown land in the pic is the lot behind me, which I do not
own. Mine is work in progress, but it's at least a but tidier . My pear
and apple trees are very happy, and I have a moderate veggie garden in the
middle of it all that for the most part does quite well. The soil is rich
and well drained.

Your trees next to the infected one may also become infected. Put
some very good compost under the surviving trees neaby and do not
plant another peach in that spot.

It has the appearance of peach leaf curl, as the peach tree next to the one
pictured has it too, but only a mild case. The one I took the pics of had a
very mild case of it last year, and it quickly grew out and was quite
vigorous. That is what surprises me - it did so well last year.