Old 25-05-2009, 09:52 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
[email protected] kate@notme.com is offline

Default Nothing like enjoying the fruits of your labor...

On Mon, 25 May 2009 13:20:17 -0700, "Lilah Morgan"
wrote:

Had 2 strawberries so far with quite a few more turning red which tasted so
much sweeter than storebought, and some lettuce. Not too much else yet, it's
still early in the season here since got such a late start, but I've seen
baby cherries on our tree, and the tomato plants are starting to bloom, got
a couple baby cayenne peppers, and one of the broccoli plants has a nice
head growing. The herbs are happy(especially the mint and sage), and the
potatoes, onions, and garlic are prolific as well. And I'm making myself too
hungry...

I have to admit my fruits haven't taken too much labor. So far I've
harvested red clover, yarrow, chickweed, catnip and plantain. The
tomatoes are getting ready to bloom, the potatoes are getting tall,
the beans will bloom in a week or so and the garlic has started to
fall over.

Kate - off to tranplant some flower seedlings